Will You Allow Your Negativity To Create a Domino Effect In Your Life?
In this video I share one of my favorite Mark Nepo Quotes:
Do not let the injury or limitation of one thing injure or limit all things. – Mark Nepo ( Book: Seven Thousand Ways To Listen )
Everyone has experienced times when we allow one bad day to spill itself in to the next day, and even the one after that. This creates a domino effect that is difficult to break, and hard to overcome. Suddenly we look around and we are stuck in a pattern of bad days, and we don’t seem to be able to make a breakthrough, and get to the other side.
When your work life is not going well, try to focus on the good things going on in your personal life. If you are unable to do something, do not allow that limitation to stop you from trying to do other things. Too often we make the mistake of focusing on what is not going well, and life helps us validate that things are not going well by highlighting all that is not going well. Instead focus on allowing the bad experience to pass right through you.
Look at the negativity as 20% of what is going on and focus on growing and improving the other 80%, NOT on shrinking the 20. Focus on gratitude and you will weather the storm in a more calm and peaceful way.